Bone Keytops

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 13:55:07 -0600 (CST)

   Several months ago I mentioned we were getting bone keytops on one of our
pianos. Several asked me of a source in the US. Today that subject came up
on the harpsichord list so I asked for a source in the US. A technician in
Canada sent me this response:

>>You can get bone cut and prepared for keytops from:
  Nelson Woodworking, 601 West Main Road, Little Compton, RI 02837.
  tel. 401-635-4733.

   We have our piano back and, so far, everyone who has played on it loves it.
The bone has a little "tackier" feel than plastic, has grain similar to ivory,
and is to be absorbent like ivory is. It's made from cattle/bull bones.
   Hope the info is useful to someone.

Avery
atodd@uh.edu