duplex scale

Laurence Beach lbeach@sfu.ca
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 17:17:43 -0800 (PST)

Earlier I posted a question about adding a duplex scale to a grand that
had not previously had one.  I was talking to a rebuilder here in
Vancouver, and what he told me was this:

That S&S got it right with the duplex scale, but the other copiers of the
duplex scale (did S&S invent the duplex scale?) had little success.  In
fact, the treble on a S&S sufferred greatly when the duplex scale was
damped off.

Given this, I feel that any efforts to encorporate a duplex scale on any
piano not deseigned not to have one is unwise, and even foolish, perhaps.

Laurence Beach
Vancouver BC
Canada.