Hamburg vs American S & S

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 15:19:03 -0600

At  1:27 PM 1/18/96 -0700, stanwood wrote:

>The bottom line - is the customer happy?

_______________

Well,... this customer was thrilled (and said so in writing) until the
dealer's technical manager scared her by saying that her B was no longer a
"genuine Steinway", that it will wear out faster, and that I may have even
voided her warranty. Sometimes the pianos are the easy part. In fact, this
dealer is so concerned they have even contacted the PTG ethics committee,
but declined to put anything in writting, of course.

The hard lesson I have learned is NEVER again work privately on new pianos,
even when the work is agreed not under warranty. Let the dealer deal with
'em.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College
johnsond@stolaf.edu