Hitch Pins

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 23:34:13 -0500

Tim,

You can use whatever you can match the size for a drill and the pin.  We've
used 20 penny nails, even balance rail pins.  The hole size must match the
pin or else you could generate a cr--r--ra--ck when you tap in that pin and
bend it backward.  If the hole is too big, and I saw this on a brand new
Baldwin, the hitch pin actually will be turned around by the string tension
and a stable tuning will be ever so difficult.  Weird, wierd stuff!

David Sanderson
Pianobiz@aol.com