Cleaning "Ivoryite"

Horace Greeley horace@compadept.com
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 21:11:21 -0800

At 09:56 PM 1/20/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I have tried just about all the suggested methods of cleaning real
>ivories but none of these gets the dirt out of the "ivoryite" that
>Yamaha uses on some of their grands. This is quite porous material
>and the dirt  penetrates beyond the action of any cleaner I've used.
> Any suggestions.
>
>Allan Day.

Allan,

Has no one yet suggested that you simply contact Yamaha for the replacement
key sets that they have made available?

Best,

Horace

Horace Greeley, RPT                       14 Pyxie Lane
Piano Technician & Consultant             San Carlos, CA 94070-1506
The Colburn School of Performing Arts           415.592.6620
Los Angeles, CA                           horace@compadept.com