Dip vs. Leverage (was Re: RE light action (help))

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:03:56 -0500

Newton writes:

>3/8" is quite shallow dip.

This discussion of dip stems from Ken's suggestion that we might try to
develop a standard method for a quicky way of guaging leverage by measuring
key dips associated with a standard 1.75" blow.  (for those of us who can't
relate to spread sheets)

I feel that 3/8" is probably close to dips associated with a medium strike
ratio, and is therefore probably a good measure for a median leverage.

This is not to say that 3/8" is a proper dip.  I too would say it is shallow
although it used to be considered standard dip.  But there are many actions
that will have aftertouch with a 3/8" dip.  Others will at need, at least,
more dip and still others with need, at least, less dip (truck dip) to
provide aftertouch.

Stanwood