Cleaning Ivories

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 20:57:38 -0500

Jim Harvey rote, 1/23:
<<It is here that the customer volunteers that alcohol had been used for
cleaning. It may have been something *other* than alcohol. I can only repeat
what was told to me.>>
                  (Hi, Jim)
I talked with a Sherwin Williams tech support person today who told me that
he knew of no commercial or industrial formulation of denatured alcohol which
used water. Any water content at all would be under 1%, and would be there
only as a by-product of the manufacturing process.
Isopropyl alcohol will have around 30% water. This is quite likely what these
customers are using. We techincians should spell out the difference bewteen
the two when we answer that question, "How do I clean the ivories?"