String Oxidation

AlanL27@aol.com AlanL27@aol.com
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 19:03:26 -0500

I have a customer who recently purchased a Young Chang G-185 from a dealer I
work closely with.  Since arriving in the customers home the strings have
developed quite a bit of oxidation (the beginnings of rust) over the past six
months.  The humidity in the home has been between 35 and 50 percent each
time I have checked it.  Is this situation uncommon or could it present a
problem with the piano in the near future.
The dealer and the customer have already had words about it and now the
situation has been placed in my hands to deal with.  Any advice would be
appreciated.
Thanks
Alan Ladd