inertia scale

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 23:02:15 -0500

Bob Davis rote, 1/25:
<<One more thing about inertia - no matter how carefully we work, it's
naturally graduated from bass to treble in all pianos. This means that one
area is likely to be more of a problem than others. My experience has been
that the high bass - low tenor gets complaints first. >>

Pray tell, Bob, what is the nature of these complaints? Is it in the touch,
the tone? If in the tone, what suggested to you that lightening the hammers
(instead of working with the texture of their striking surfaces) was the
answer?

<<Sigh, more of this "judgment" thing.>>

Pass the judgements,please, and Gee, Mom, the gravity sure tastes great on my
mashed polemics.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, PTG

"We mustn't underestimate our power of teamwork." Bob Davis