Pin Dope

FREDIEBOY@aol.com FREDIEBOY@aol.com
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 20:21:27 -0500

Hi Don...I Say Greetings:
I highly recommend Garfields Pin Block Restorer. I have been using it for
over 35 years and it has always worked except on two very old european
uprights. The kind of pianos with candle holders on the front. Maybe they had
the burred type pins in then, rather then the threaded type. If you are
careful they leave no stain. I know of one technician who used a hypodermic
needle, but that takes to long for me. I have four suggestions. 1st. If you
are doing a grand always put newspaper between the block and the action. In
many cases it will drip through. 2nd. Put in enough Garfield in to fill up
the wells. 3rd. The instructions say to wait
one week. I say three weeks. 4th, In a grand put a magazine under the back
leg so the liquid will run forward. Using words like doubtful tonic & causes
the least damage are negative and unwarranted. To repin or put in a new
pinblock is very expensive. in many cases it is either Garfields or no
piano,,,Fraternally
Fred Weinstein MPTHi Don...I Say Greetings: