Pin Dope

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 15:06:48 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Keith A. McGavern wrote:

> Earlier today Robert S. Bussell RPT, in response to Don Rose's original
> post about Pin dope and the Kawai,  posted:
> >Try thin viscosity Hot stuff"
> ---------
> Not understanding those four words, I asked,
> >"What??
> ---------
> Then Mark Story, RPT comes along and says in response:
> >It's ok - just make sure it's in tune before you do. ;)
>

> Well guys, I am definitely lost as to this thread.   Maybe it's best I
> don't understand this one.

Sorry Keith, my contribution was just a feeble attempt at humor.
Seriously, I have used Garfield's, epoxy, oversize pins, shims and
installed a great many new blocks - and I'm sure the CA glue idea is
workable (if somewhat scary).  Each has it's place, once all
the circumstances have been taken into consideration.  Though I think I
would draw the line a welding the pins to the plate.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA