PIn Dope

Greg Newell gnewell@en.com
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 17:15:18 -0500 (EST)

 Greetings All!
      I would like to add my 2 cents with regards to the posts about pin
dope.
I've had some limited experience with this and found a perfectly
acceptable, working solution to be and equal mixture (50/50) of
glycerin and methanol wood alcohol. It was told to me some years back
by someone that the "active " ingredient is the glycerin and the
alcohol was simply the vehicle to get the glycerin into the wood. I'll
have to try the "Garfield" branded solution to see if it reacts any
differently than I've been experiencing.
      Also re: the tool to use to apply the solution ... I like the idea of
the syringe as it affords pinpoint accuracy. I lieu of this (not
always readily available) I will use a refill cartridge from an inkjet
printers cartridge refill pack. they seem the next best thing to the
syringe and besides they hold more. Try it , you'll like it!
      This ends the present episode of "MY TWO CENTS".

                              Greg
Get WARPed NOW!!!!
Greg & Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte'