Apsco/Hale Hammer tips

DBHersh@aol.com DBHersh@aol.com
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 21:09:13 -0500

>>If you like the APSCO hammer, buy a new shank that fits your old hammer.
>
>Well, it's the only one I ever try I guess.  I like very much the feeling of
>the wooden handle.  What is your favorite one?
>

>Michel

Hello all,
   Personally I like the Yamaha hammer it seems to fit a wide variety of
different makers pins, especially the taper seems to be good. When i bought
the hammer I also bought a number 3 tip but haven't needed it yet. The one
thing I don't like about it is its weight, it is just a little on the heavy
side. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that almost no hammer tip fits
a Young Chang pin very well? It seems like the taper on those pins are
different than others.

Doug Hershberger,RPT