Another piano mystery

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 01 Mar 1996 01:59:11 -0600

Tuned a Janssen Console today.  On the pin block area above the tuning pins
where most of us set some of our tools, there was a 3 inch long (maybe),
1/2 inch wide flat piece of steel with a round head screw in one end and a
small hole in the middle.  It is located on the bass side of the piano and
capable of turning 360 degres.  There is no indication of its purpose or
function to my awareness.  Yet it speaks to me that it belongs there for a
reason.  Does anybody know?

Keith McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University