Tuning Lever Tip Repair

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Fri, 01 Mar 1996 21:06:43 -0500

>John Musselwhite wrote:
>I might add that both my old Hale hammers/levers/wrenches are threaded at
>both ends of the shaft. I suggest that while he's at it the machinist do
>both ends. At least if the head breaks off and you have a spare one you can
>be back at work immediately.

John
Good suggestion, if your shaft will accept threads on the back end.  I think
both of these had a key way slot all the way to the end of the extension
shaft. I just checked mine and it does too.  I bet your extension shaft
doesn't have a key way slot.  There's a key in the handle on these to keep
the extension shaft from rotating.  Interesting.

David Sanderson
Littleton, MA
Pianobiz@aol.com