work serfaces

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Tue, 05 Mar 1996 21:45:16 -0500

I have two favorate work surfaces, the piano top and my work bench in the shop.

I like the piano top because it raises the action closer to my face for doing
drop, springs, and other close tolerance operations.

There is, or was, a portable, rolling action work surface which William Garlick
knows about.  He has one.  The top can be adjusted to the exact level of the
keybead so the action can be slid in and out easily.  It rolls around so the
action can be moved away to work on the pinao itself.  It is sturdy enough to
regulate upon.  It is made of wood, folds and transports easily.

The older I get the more attractive something like that becomes.

	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu