Loss of Volume

EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu
Wed, 06 Mar 1996 01:12:01 -0500 (EST)

Dear Arlie, you said
I took on the job of replacing the plastic parts:  complete wippen
assemblies, hammer butt flanges, and damper levers with flanges.  I fully
regulated the action throughout.  All went s
done, A-61 produced very little v though it had
no resistance.

	Well,It's quite late and I haven't given this much thought ............
However, I suspect your problem is not in the wippen assembly but rather the key

 itself.  It sounds to me like a key that is half broken at the
balance hole.  AIt is still strong enough to look ok but when depressed
bends under the weight of the wippen/hammer assembly.  It does play this
way,lding the key down behind the balance rail
hole and then press on the fromt of the key.  Does it bend?  CA glue can
be a nice qublem.  Or regular glue with a longer
drying time.  Good luck and let us know what you find.
Ed Hilbert,  RPT