No subject

RobertD429@aol.com RobertD429@aol.com
Wed, 06 Mar 1996 02:12:37 -0500

n wants to replace the "double" legs on a 1926 Cable
-----------------
----------------------
>I'm sure if you have a welding shop and some hardened steel, it would be a
>breeze!  Be serious, Bob.      - D. S. Arden
-----------------------
I WAS being serious. All that's needed is to sketch three lipped rectangular
trays, with sideways extensions which will allow them to be bolted directly
onto a standard Colson piano truck, replacing the original lipped plate. If
you don't weld, any welder can make them up out of mild steel plate. This is
not a difficult or expensive undertaking, compared to having new legs made,
 fitting leg plates in the new legs and case, and  finishing the new legs to
match the old finish.

For a refinement, measure the separation between the legs in a pair, and have
little studs welded on which fit into the caster sockets. This removes the
need for a lip.

Bob Davis