Insensitivety

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Sat, 09 Mar 1996 08:57:24 -0500 (EST)

And thank YOU, Bob, for hopefully understanding that my mention of
'scab' operation was indeed that -- under the circumstances I
mentioned.

I must have misread the intent of your post. Perhaps others did too.
Although I've never had the last minute concert situation that Bob
[Davis] described, I also consider the scenario he describes as a
valid reason for going beyond what is considered "normal" procedures.

I would rather have responded on a higher level, such as Bob did. Oh
well, maybe my dealer experience will, at a minimum, create food for
thought when a technician finds him/herself confronting an old, WHITE
piano with mysterious regulation problems. 8-)

The important thing is that we understand the concepts involved. Once
the concept (action relationships) is grasped, adjusting gliders
becomes a matter of selective, situational usage. In retrospect, I
think that's what you were fishing for in your post.

BTW, I understand that Lloyd (whom I call "Rroyd") Whitcomb is alive
and well -- somewhere in Arkansas.

Jim Harvey, RPT