Teacher discounts

Scott Thile sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 14:28:47 -0600 (MDT)

Jim Harvey asks the following:

>_Y_ 1. Do you normally provide discounts for piano teachers?
>_Y_ 2. If "yes", is it only because they are teachers - not
>      based on referrals?
>_N_ 3. Do you provide discounts proportional to number of referrals?
>_Y_ 4. Do you normally provide discounts for multiple pianos?
>_2_ 5. What number of pianos qualifies as 'multiple' (2,5,10, etc.)?
>_Y_ 6. Are discounts compounded for teachers with multiple pianos?
>        (teacher=discount, teacher w/2 pianos=bigger discount)
>_N_ 7. Are additional discounts provided for service frequency?
>_P_ 8. Are discounts based on [P]ercentage, or fixed [D]ollar amount?
>__ 9. [Discuss] Any variation on type of service, or other 'perks'
>      provided to teachers?
I try to give teachers scheduling priority.  I often provide additional work
at the already discounted tuning price. I offer a class to their students (and
parents) on "How the piano works".
>__ 10.[Discuss] Other considerations I may have overlooked.
I provide professional discounts to teachers not because I need
the work, but because It shows them that I appreciate their service
to the community and that we are all in this together. My discount
to teachers is roughly 15%. I explain that the discount is not based on
referrals but that I hope the quality of my work will warrant referrals

>I feel this matter is significant enough to deserve a moment in time
>on the list, but realize it would be useless bandwidth for some.
>Therefore, I invite you to submit your responses (and additional
>thoughts) to me privately. I'll compile(?) the overall results and
>post a summary to the list.

I would like to see the responces posted if possible.....

Sincerely,

Scott
Scott E. Thile, RPT
Piano-Instrument Technician
Department of Music,Murray State University
P.O. Box 9, Murray, KY 42071, Ph:  502-762-4396
Email:  sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu