Re Otto Higel Co

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 06:13:37 -0700 (MST)

      While we're on the subject of pitch raising, I would like to
share what I consider to be a "MILLION DOLLAR TIP". Al Jeschke of
Calgary, Alberta gave this one to me and I use it almost every day.

      When you have to raise pitch a small amount, like 5 cents or up
to 15 cents, before you start, pull one string of each unison until you
feel the pin move. Put both hands on the tuning hammer. Don't play the
keys. Do it only in the areas of the piano that are flat.

      Then, go ahead and tune. Each unison to you to will have two flat
strings and one sharp string. Tune a flat string first, then the sharp
one and then the other flat one.

      You will be amazed at the solid tuning you can achieve this way
and--no more flat trebles!

      Ken Burton
      "Doctor Piano"
     Calgary, Alberta