Hazards

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 22:52:27 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Mar 1996, L. Davidson Lamoreaux wrote:

> Dennis Johnson posted the following :
>
> >Perhaps some of you may have heard this tragic news report that has been
> >around for over a month now:
>
> _________________
> >       ** MAN SLIDES HIS TROMBONE & KILLS MUSICIAN IN FRONT OF HIM! **
> >
> >>By Randy Jeffries/Weekly World News (January 23, 1996)
> >
> >Bocholt, Germany -- A band musician died of a brain injury when the
> >trombonist behind him jerked the slide of his trombone forward and struck
> >the trumpeter in the back of the head!
> >
> >snip<  (No need to post the rest of the story)
>

> I sent the story to a friend who sent the following reply which I thought
> sufficiently funny to let the rest of you enjoy.  David Lamoreaux
>
> >David,
>
> >Don't believe everything you read, on the internet or anywhere else.
>
> >I was there: it was the WWII bayonet mounted on the trombone that killed >that
> guy.
>
> >If they had been using one of my patented Cyberfoam Trombone Slide Bumpers
> >like I suggested, no harm would have come to anybody!
>
> >Curt

You really have to put things in perspective; I believe that the case of
the "Killer Trombone" was just an isolated incident. On the other hand,
bagpipes and accordians have probably accounted for more deaths than all
other instruments combined. Of course, where they're concerned, we're talk-
ing about listeners taking action against players! :)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net