Steinway loan program ?

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 07:01:59 -0600 (CST)

Larry Fine, RPT, recently stated that most of the major manufacturers
*except Steinway* participate in some type of piano loan program with
colleges and universities.  This was my understanding as well...but...

The head of our piano performance area here at Wichita State just
recieved a letter of invitation to dinner and a presentation on a new
piano loan program by Steinway!  The invitation was sent, by Steinway in
New York (not the local dealer) to piano dept heads and is scheduled
directly following the NAMT convention in Kansas City this month.
That's all I know (except that *I* wasn't invited :(.  Anyone else have
any info on this?  I can't wait to hear what the bottom line is!

Alan Crane, RPT
Wichita State University
crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu