Is it just me?

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 20:40:44 -0500

Him,
      It is just you.

      And me.

      Part of my mission statement to the concert hall I tune for says,
"Tuning quality is inversly proportional to the amount of noise and activity on
the stage."
      Use ear plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      They cut out the noise, increase your concentration and preserves your
sanity; assuming you have some left.
      If it is musicians causing the problems I ask them if they want the
piano tuned or shall I leave it as it is.  That usually gets their attention.
      Stage crews must understand your need for quiet and that must come from
the stage or house manager.  Lay down the rules and laws to that person and
expect him/her to inforce them.
      Instatute a noise charge!
      The tuning hammer makes a nice club.
            Newton