Condemed

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 05:06:40 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Keith McGavern wrote:

> >I think a SAT can be a very valuable tool to have which will help you
> >while learning aural skills, too.
> >
> >vince mrykalo  rpt
>
> How correct you are, Vince.  It helped to support what I already suspected
> was true about tuning most pianos.  That there must be an easier way
> :-)
>
> Keith McGavern, RPT
> kam544@ionet.net
> Oklahoma Baptist University
> Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

      Keith, my struggle with piano tuning is not with establishing
temperaments, intervals, etc, but with setting pins--that is, hammer
technique.
      The study and experimentation which I have done in producing the
book DIFFERENT STROKES, has helped me to do better tuning, more quickly,
and have the results last well.

      Ken Burton
     Calgary, Alberta