Regulating Spoons

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 14:49:07 -0600

>Have seen this item mentioned several times recently.  I have the spoon
>bending tool (two right angles with the business end pointint at you) but in
>most cases I can't get it to fit thru the action.  So I resort to taking the
>action in and out until I get them where I want them.  I know there has to be
>a better way.
>
>Dick Day
>Marshall, MI

Dick,

I gave up on that particular tool and bought one of the Yamaha type spoon
regulators. APSCO sells a similar one, which I also have. They are machined
from thin stock which goes right between the wippens and the business end
is at a right angle to the shaft.

You should have much better luck with this type of spoon regulator.

APSCO--Spoon & Wire Bender #16146
YAMAHA/SCHAFF--Spoon Bender Upright #R-9

Good luck.

Tom Seay
t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
The University of Texas at Austin