Regulating Spoons

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 10:38:37 -0500 (EST)

Ahem. Tom is being modest, and *almost* correct. Instead of #16146, I
prefer the Itoshin (Yamaha-type) flat spoon bender. It is THE spoon
bender for the trade.

APSCO Catalog #96: Page 22, item #16406. #164065 will also work, but
you'll find yourself using it without the combination handle, so we're
back to the first one. No reference on Schaff -- can't find their
catalog at the moment.

To get an initial 'feel' for spoon locations on an unfamiliar action,
it may be helpful to (1) find one spoon by whatever means; (2) wrap a
piece of masking tape on the handle at the front edge of the wippen
(beam). This serves as a depth gauge for finding remaining spoons.
After a few, though, you'll find you don't even need the tape.

Jim Harvey RPT
Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com