tune now pay later (used to be:Tuning Test Intervals -Reply -Reply)

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 11:48:41 -0500

This isn't about tuning now and paying later, it is about a guy who wanted to
pay me later for a rebuilding job.

After I finished rebuilding this guy's Steinway, I asked him to come to my
shop, inspect it, pay the balance, (about $3500), and make arrangments to
have the piano moved. He told. "Move it to my house, and after I play it for
3 months, I will decide whether to pay you or not". Obviously I didn't agree
with that. After 2 months, and several calls between our lawyers, I finally
got a check by special delevery. I haven't seen, or heard from the  guy
since. He didn't even ask me to give him his 4 free tunings I promised.

Wim Blees
St. Louis