Practice Clavier -Reply

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 13:25:02 -0600

John,
  We have a virgil practice clavier in our seminar room....it was used
by Fredrick Schauwecker (accompanist to Richard Crooks/Jussi Bjorling
etc....) for those long train tours those singers used to take accross
country....it is similar to yours...ser# 7436 dated Aug 16, 1905
Its pretty well intact and not worn out....has those pyralin keytops....
the String to the indicator is broken....

   None of the piano faculty use it....

   I saw a want add for them several years ago in back issues of
either Clavier....or Piano and Keyboard....can't recall for sure...but
i think they are work several hundred dollars to the right party....

   Since its for yourself, why not restore it anyway and forget what
you can get for it...????

 Good luck,

  Rich A.