Bushmaster question

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 22:51:03 -0500

I have a question regarding the use of the Bushmaster tool.  I bought one
about a year or two ago, but haven't used it.  It is a well made tool, and I
like the idea behind it, but it seems to me that it puts too much cloth into
the mortise.  I've always butted the ends of the bushing cloth over the hole
in the key, then used the cauls to push the cloth down the sides of the
mortise.  So the amount of cloth I insert is equal to 1/2 the width of the
hole in the key.  Too little would be better then too much

The bushmaster puts a piece of cloth closer to 3/4 the width of the hole.
 (I'm talking about a hole for a .146" key pin)  Since I bought it, I want to
use it!  (<---My Scottish blood talking there), but not if it's not going to
allow me to do the job correctly.  I'm just curious if anyone else feels this
is too much, (or have I been using too little?)

Gordon Large
Maine