Keith's Steinway Survey

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:52:41 -0600

>Hey, Keith!     I, for one, would really like to hear what opinion you formed
>from the input of information you got on this thread.
>      Is the $12,500 regarded by us as high, low?
>      Did different markets show themselves on this piano?
>
>    These informal surveys concerning instruments, amongst us, helps us get a
>clearer idea of the market we are trying to wrest a living from, so,  Keith,
>could you let us know what you found out?
>
>Respectfully,
>Ed Foote

Certainly, Ed.

Most of the responses generally indicated the price was in the ballpark.
Some posts offered ways that a profit could be made in the right market
place (east & west regions) and by making certain improvements
(rebuilding/refinishing).  Some suggested that only ownership for that
price was reasonable as is.  And some responded the price was too low.
Some comments gave examples of other M & L pianos that have been sold for
around that same price (not Chippendale, however).

A total of eight comments were received.  All were very positive and
encouraging.

Keith McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University