Bronze screen??

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sun, 03 Nov 1996 20:29:21 -0500

David & Jim C. Sr. & List;
  Jim, your supposition about being there to keep the glue from squeezing out
sounds like a good one.
  David, I based my 'Bronze' ID from the corona color given off when a strand
of the material was heated but it could be Copper. The 'gasket' compound I
thought was to dress up the joint between the bar and the plate. Your
"friction surface" is probably in the right direction, as there are obvious
screen imprints in the plate under the bars. Yep, you are correct they are
going back in during the rebuild. I am going to boil them to remove all the
hide glue before installation so as not to add height to the bars.
Jim Bryant (FL)