"Authorized" Steinway Techs?

swinfo@g2g.com swinfo@g2g.com
Mon, 04 Nov 1996 09:24:20 -0500

Dear List:

On the topic of authorized Steinway techs.

1) We do not have an official designation for any piano technicians not employed
by Steinway & Sons.

2) There is nothing that will completely void our warranty, including service by
a tuner or technician who has never attended a factory seminar.

3) If a customer does want "factory authorized service" the correct path is
through the local Steinway dealership.  If there is no dealership in your area
you are welcome to call the service department and ask for a recommendation
-(718) 204-3119.

STEINWAY & SONS
Stephen K. Dove