removing knuckles

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 21:57:23 -0500 (EST)

At 08:50 PM 11/7/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Greetings and Salutations List,
>	I would like to inquire of your great minds how you go about
>removing old knuckles for replacement.
<snip>

John McDonald (R.I. Chapter) has successfully removed many
sets with this jig:  glue two strips of wood to each face of a vice.
Leave a space between the strips, the width of the rosewood core.
With the sides of the shank securely held,  pliers may rock it out.
If not, cut along the glue line of the buckskin and shank. Peel off core.
Use pliers to ease out the rosewood, if it is stubborn, then heating
the pliers is needed.

Jon Page
Cape Cod. Mass