THAT MYSTERIOUS BACK CHECK

oorebeek oorebeek@euronet.nl
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 11:09:45 +0200

HI RICHARD,
Thank you for your comment about the back check/hammer tail.
I must have forgotten to mention that the improvement of sound is =
ONLY caused by altering height of the back check. The hammer is =
absolutely free, there is no slight friction or touching the back =
check going up towards the string.
That is exactly why nobody has yet come up with an clear answer.
Think again please!

BTW re; factory secrets..I suppose if any of us has a specific =
question we'll all answer as best as we can and share our information =
otherwise I'll quit and wash cars.
Andr=E9 Oor

>BTW does the Yamaha S6 Steinway copy use tubular action rails, and the
half moon balance rail bearing?

No, just the normal fantastic Yamaha action with aluminum action =
rails and common rail bearing..

>Solutions, make sure the tail is square to the back check.  Make sure the
tail is the "right" contour, especially at the shank hole.  Adjust the
back check.
	In a new piano there shouldn't be any problems with  an improperly =
bedded
key frame, or warped action brackets, or warped hammer flange rails, =
or
stripped screw holes for the action bracket screws, misplaced action
bracket shims, there is not excessive play in the keys, especially end
play, etc etc etc.
	I like the "Hamamatsu Solution"  turning the backcheck up one turn.
	Hope you share more factory "secrets" with us.
	BTW does the Yamaha S6 Steinway copy use tubular action rails, and =
the
half moon balance rail bearing?

friendly greetings from:

Andr=E9 Oorebeek