Baked piano

Bob Simmons bsimmons@wiley.csusb.edu
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 11:52:37 -0700 (PDT)

One of the Universities I tune for loaned out a Yamaha C7 for an outdoor
concert, high noon, on a hot sunny day. The piano was not covered, no
canapy--nothing. Probably set there for 3-4 hours. Last week I tuned the
same piano for an indoor concert. Many of the strings (both bass and
treble) have a slight "buzz" to the tone. Any experience with what's
happened. This is a metalic buzz -- not like a soundboard buzz. I
re-seated the strings, no change. Should I suspect the agraffes, the wire
itself, the bridge pins--or the hammers? It was a nice performance piano.
Any experience?

Bob Simmons, RPT