why charge more? was Re: "Rud. Ibach Sohn"

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 22:56:53 -0500

>The other day I had someone here to  give me a price on some painting and
>plastering work on my house.  He told me that he charges $18/hr. for
>painting and $21/hr. for plastering.  It didn't occur to me that this was
>unethical.

Did this include the paint and the plaster, or was it just for the labor?  I
am bothered by someone who does this. My lawyer charges me more to represent
me in front of a judge, than to answer my legal questions. My thought is,
does he have to use a different brain to stand in front of a judge?

This whole area of charging different rates for different work is scary.
Where do you draw the line?

Willem Blees RPT
St.Louis.