Rattles & squeaks

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:49:32 -0600

Jeff Hickey wrote below:

   The lock is never used as far as I know. It's in a piano teachers
studio. However, I did cut and place a piece of flange bushing cloth on top
of the lock and wedged it under the edges of the striker plate as a
temporary fix. Looks kind of nice with the bright red against the shiny
brass. :-)

Avery

>ps-
>     Is that lock ever used? Could you pull the lock and insert a piece of
>leather or felt to 'tighten' the mechanism in it's slot? Sometimes a tiny bit
>of pressure is enough to 'kill' the rattle. Hopefully, someone's got a better
>idea!

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston