Hale Site-O-Tuner

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 20:01:16 +0000

Hi Jim,

We seem to be tuners in reverse the larger the pitch move, the faster I
tend to do first time round.  Personally I can never seem to physically
tune all the strings when pulling up a tone any faster than 16 minutes
the wedging process tends to slow me down.  Is the 15 minutes you are
stating,  does this include placing a muting strip or do you tune
unmuted or use a paps wedge?.

When I am putting the strain back on a frame, I set all my Cs to the
fork C528 then I start at top C if there is one, and semi-tone all the
way down piano.  Plucking the strings with a pletra I must admit I love
winding basses up on pianos from nothing.  I have been known to put a
strain on a grand in just over 13 minutes, but I doubt if I could
achieve that now as I am not doing them every day like I was years ago.

 I know ETAs are ideaaly suited for putting the initial tuning on the
strings (well I'm asuming they are)  Do you mute the strings giving that
there is no dampers on the strings yet,  or can the ETA cope with this.

Take care,

Kind regards,

Barrie.

In article <Pine.PCW.3.91.961114192119.4919D-100000@ppp3-
22.INRE.ASU.EDU>, Jim <pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |