Astin-Weight Hammers

Jeff Stickney jpage@selway.umt.edu
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 08:22:17 -0700 (MST)

Dear List:

        Here's a hi-tech one for you :-)!  I had the esteemed pleasure
recently of tuning a bunch of the dorm pianos here at UM, and one of the
specimens is an Astin-Weight console.  An interesting piano with agraffes
top to bottom, but my problem is that some clever person took (translate
broke) all the hammers from G47>F57.  They are nowhere to be found, so I am
looking for a source for hammers that will as closely match the originals as
possible. The serial no. on the piano is 8015, it's a console variety, and
the hammers look a lot like Wurlitzer's, with the yellow/orange colored
moth-proofing/reinforcing.  If anyone should happen to have put new hammers
on a Wurlitzer recently (well, so it's a long shot!), or know where I could
get just the mid-range of a set please let me know.  Private off-the-list
replies would be appropriate.  Thanks!

Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana
jpage@selway.umt.edu