THE PIANO & THE NUMBER

oorebeek oorebeek@euronet.nl
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 15:32:27 +0200

A goodday to all1
I have the following issue:
I have to write a report about an upright piano with the name =
"FUKUYAMA".
I want to know exactly how old this instrument is, and therefore one =
looks at the serial number.
I opened the piano and found two numbers, one is positioned on the =
soundboard : No 08260,
the other number is positioned on the narrow top of the left side : > =
FY 460515.
According to me, the serial number would be the one on the =
soundboard, the number is more clear and bigger in size.
So one looks up FUKUYAMA in Pierce's atlas. It looks as if this =
upright is quite old because the first numbers mentioned is the =
number 23500 built in 1960.
Yet the instrument looks like it was built =B1 25 years ago and it =
looks like a Yamaha clone>
Is there anybody  who could give me sound advise? (do not be lazy, =
help your colleague!)

friendly greetings from:

Andr=E9 Oorebeek
CONCERT PIANO SERVICE