RQ Info on Transfering Dry Decal

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 16:35:08 -0500 (EST)

At 04:00 PM 11/17/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I will soon be attempting my first try at putting on a dry soundboard decal.
>o  Can they be placed over a water based finish?
        yes
>o  Any tips for doing the rub/transfer part?
        Align it over the old decal, I use a felt covered block 1' x 2" and
press with one side slightly lifted to put         more pressure on the
edge. Then I lift slowly from the edge with the block bearing down flat.
Watching         as you go, if any of the decal pulls up, just place it back
down right away and work it in. As in the         directions, place the
other sheet over it and apply light pressure to assure good contact.
>o Should they be given a covering coat of clear finish or left "bare".
        Best to cover; mist coat to start; when dry, apply finish
>o If they should have a cover coat, will water based be OK?
        I have covered decals with water based finishes with no problems.

I'm certain someone will have somthing to say about varnish vrs. water base
for sound boards.

>Thanks for any advice,
>Rolland Miller, 706423604@compuserve.com

Jon Page
Cape Cod. Mass
For sale: Parachute, like new. Used once, never opened. Small stain.