RQ Info on Transfering Dry Decal

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 10:49:00 -0500

Glenn, Roland, Jon, and list;
  I have found that what works best for me in transfering dry decals is an
old, or new, treble hammer.  Extend the tail a little and it does an
excellent job of making the pressure/heat needed to transfer the decal
without the little chicken scratches that sometime show up in the softer
portions of the grain. (be sure and file the hammer for a smooth surface)

 Question: Roland and Jon mention water based finishes for sounding boards.
Any thoughts pro and con on the use of water based finishes on sounding
boards? I have considered using such but have not done so at this point
because of my lack of experience with these finishes.
Jim Bryant (FL)