Titanium Oxide

RPSPIANO@aol.com RPSPIANO@aol.com
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 17:48:02 -0500

Jon and List

You wrote about using titanium oxide to whiten hide glue.
I have used it with some success on non glue wafer ivory sets.
The problems arise with very white ivory that is fairly
translucent. The color of the glue takes away from that
snow white. The result is either somewhat blotchy or
slightly yellowed.
In what proportions do you mix the titanium with the hide
glue?

Jon Page wrote
>missing 12 ivories
>next time I mix up a batch of hot glue and have enough time
>I'll add titanium oxide and sock the replacements back down

Mark Ritchie RPT
Columbus, OH