Renner H boring jig

Thomas D. Seay III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 18:08:56 -0600

>Hello list,
>
>I'm considering the purchase of a Renner Hammer Boring Jig.  One of my posts
>from an earlier E-mail I sent out said that it was the best he had used.
>
>The present cost is $250.00 - a lot of money for a tool that I will probably
>only use occasionally.  I would like some more opinions concerning it's ease of
>use and quality of work compared to other H boring jigs.
>My ego would like to get it but I (and my wife) need some more
>reasons/rationals
>to justify the expense.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Rolland Miller
>Miller Piano Service
>Berea, OH

Rolland,

Check the June 1995 Journal for an in depth comparison/evaluation of hammer
boring jigs.

I have used the Renner jig here at school two or three times. It is a
beautifully crafted tool which gives you very good, consistent results. I'm
not familiar with any of the other jigs reviewed except the Brooks Hammer
boring jig, which is also excellent.

Good luck.

Tom Seay
School of Music