Silicone spray dilemma

Clark A. Foerster clark@thegrid.net
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 21:20:56 -0800 (PST)

>After several mist coats you can proceed with the
>finish build-up, with no further worry about fish-eyes. This works so well
>that we don't even have fish eye remover in our refinishing shop...haven't
>used it for eight years now.

David:

Thanks for the good description.  I recently got "Understanding Wood
Finishing" by Bob Flexner,  a book I highly recommend.  He mentions the
mist coating also as an antidote to using the fish eye remover.  He
explains that fish eye remover works basically by introducing many many
tiny fish eyes into the mix so that no large noticeable fish eyes have a
chance to form. It is ironic to me that the basic substance found in fish
eye remover used to deal with silicone problems is silicone oil!

Clark Foerster RPT