Ice Cream Spill

Bill Maxim wmaxim@gnn.com
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 23:04:37 +0000

>I opened the lid and started strip muting, looked down the plate
>(around where C5 is tied) and saw a spilled small cup of ice cream,
>with the fork laying in the spill.
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I service pianos for two teachers who had this experience:  A child
comes ill to the music lesson and proceeds to empty stomach contents
into the keyboard.  In the first instance, the "spill" was old and
dried out, and not much trouble to clean from under the keys; in the
second, it took me two weeks to be able to get to the distant town
after receiving the SOS, to find a mess of black, hairy mold on the
keys

Fun telling about now, but we did not sit town for a good laugh then,
nor when I drove to the same town to dig a slug out of a piano that had
suffered from a drive-by shooting.

Bill Maxim, RPT, Piano Technicians Guild    wmaxim@gnn.com
Serving South Carolina from Columbia and Greer