Grand Carriage

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:08:28 -0500

List -

A few years ago, a church asked me to install a truck under their Yamaha CF
(9-foot) grand.  At the time, I didn't think much about the carpet (with good
underpad) it was on.

They still found it hard to move, and blamed it on the slight bowing of the
truck causing the lyre to drag on the carpet.  I shimmed the caster mounts to
raise it about 1/2 inch, but moving was not any easier.

Despite the large wheels on the truck, the carpet made it hard to roll such a
heavy piano.  They have accepted their situation, and I have learned to
account for carpet if I am asked to install a truck in the future.

Bill Maxim  *** maxpiano@aol.com
Serving South Carolina from Columbia and Greer

"Don't be afraid to go out on a limb.  That's where the fruit is!"