Wurl/YC grand info

Daryl Matthies pianotec@hcsinc.com
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:20:11 -0600

Greetings list,

I service a school that very recently purchased a Wurlitzer G-465 grand,
#2057134.  The school was told by the dealer that this piano was built by
Baldwin, since Wurlitzer was bought out by Baldwin Co.  Today I tuned the
piano for the first time since delivery, and I told them that it is
actually built by Young Chang,  and I showed them the metal tag under the
keyboard stating that the piano was built in Korea along with the
model/serial number.  My Pierce atlas shows this to be built in 1989.  The
dealer said the piano is only 2 yrs. old.

I would like a few list members to reply, so that I may show the school
that I am correct and that the dealer is wrong.

BTW, is Baldwin selling any grands with the Wurl name on it?  I don't have
a current Ancott Directory.

Thanks,
Daryl Matthies
Mathis Piano Service