Why 41" Consoles

Scarecrow Scarecrow@mystical.net
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 00:30:30 -0800

Intiresting thoughts... Zy... I think that I do basically agree with you.
 It seems that once you get to the 43" + size, you have enough length in
the bass strings to get some sort of color out of the rest of the piano.
 I've noticed that on some of the larger Young Chang consoles, the sound
gets very good once the piano is sufficiently  regulated and tuned.  The
trick to finding an upright I think is finding one with long enough bass
strings that you don't just hear a "THUD" when you depress those keys.
The other advantage of that is the tonal color that it gives the rest of
the piano letting all of the lower partials vibrate a little louder.  Do
you have any other thoughts about that?
Jonathan